Since joining twitter I have…
- Gained my first outstanding in a lesson observation with the help of the structure of #5minlessonplan.
- Developed a marking feedback tool and shared at whole school CPD, based on a model used by @renniesherrie.
- Bought a visualizer to project students work up instantly to the board. Price, make and model recommended by @57mason at a teachmeet (used in the outstanding lesson!)
- Become way more adventurous with IT resulting in:
à Buying the visualizer.
à Recording videos using puppetpals app on iphone (recommended by someone but can’t remember who!)
à Creating fun online games for students using @zondle’s website www.zondle.com.
à Started to investigate the feasibility of a class set of ipads.
àSigning up to @scienceweekuk and entering the school in 2 competions and winning a webcam and hydrogen fuel cell car!
- Been to a teachmeet-If you haven’t DO IT!
- Set up half-termly in school mini teachmeets to promote school wide sharing of good practice.
- Assisted in remodelling the school CPD programme following suggestions at #pedagoolondon.
- Set up a school twitter account, @fernhillscience, that can be integrated into lesson activities to promote engagement, share students work and connect with the world. Students have chatted to the UK space agency using the account!
- Magpied a ridiculous number of display ideas, resources and marking tips through blogs, tweets and photos. Some of my favourite steals are from @HThompson1982,@dandesignthink, @davidfawcett27 & @annebradshaw88 @specialsciteach.
- Become more prepared to apply for a job as a middle leader due to following @SLTchat, @ukedchat, @MLTchat, keeping abreast of topical issues and gaining a snapshot related opinions, strategies and solutions.